[DML] ECU Module

I've just purchased a very nice '83 model that has a few small problems.

While investigating a rough and very rich idle I noticed that the ECU
module is not mounted on the firewall ahead of the engine. In fact I've
not been able to locate the ECU module at all! Is the ECU module located
somewhere else not shown in the assembly or workshop manuals?

There are also some vacuum lines missing from the spark advance control
solenoid that is located on the top front of the engine. There are no
vacuum leaks however as all lines are in good condition and none are
"hanging in the breeze".

I wonder if anyone knows if some cars may have been modified to
eliminate the ECU module. I know that this seems far fetched but as I am
just beginning to learn the workings I'm at a loss to explain all of
this.

Thanks much for any help that anyone can give.