[DML] Re: advice

>My next step is whether i can import a cheaper one from OS or buy his one.
>He was going to auction it at a local Auction, so i feel there is plenty of
>room for negotiation. I was thinking of offering him $25,000 cash.

Believe me, it WILL be cheaper to buy this DeLorean rather than importing
one. Even with the cost of the RHD conversion (around $10,000 by a reputable
converter) it will still be far cheaper. Also, in my opinion, if it does go
for less than $35,000 then you've got yourself a real bargain, since the
average going rate for DeLoreans in Oz is around $50,000 AUS.

The first thing we did when we got our D was replace the fuel pump, so I
don't think it's an uncommon failure among DeLoreans that have been in
storage. Although, I would be wary about the mechanical condition of the car
considering the ad states it's been in storage for about 12 years, and you'd
really have to go down to Melbourne to check it out before you make a
committment to buy it.

Also, we had a sizeable ding in the rear-left quarter panel of our DeLorean
fixed by a panel-beater in Blacktown (western Sydney), so you won't have any
dramas getting the ding in the Melbourne D fixed. The hardest part in
removing the panel is getting the rear fascia off, but after that you're
pretty much set.

R. Haslewood,
Sydney Australia
www.zip.com.au/~delorean/