[DML] Re: VINs (was Were the 17000 series originally the 12000?)

At 1:16 PM -0500 7/31/99, Mr. Copies wrote:
> Here's a question.... I recently pulled my headliners to get redone
>and >discovered the all the markings on the door behind my headliners make
>>reference to VIN#12089 ....my VIN# is 17089. Were the 12000 series
>renumbered >for the Canadian market? It also looks like someone in the
>factory had some >time on their hands because there are doodles and dates on the inside >with magic marker. :) Thanks mike@xxxx

I guess the factory workers must have been funny people. I recovered my headliners last year and found a lot of funny magic marker "cave-paintings" on the inside of the doors: names, doodles, line drawings and other funny stuff. During the whole restauration I found a lot of funny stuff in the car: some tools in the air condition system, small papers behind the carpets and the headliners, drawings under the dash, irish money in the doors ..........
If they really had a great time ?!?

Dirk (VIN# 6795)