[DML] Re: Delorean and Laser Speed Detection

On Tue, 27 Jul 1999 raynet@xxxx wrote:

> Anyway what I found interesting was that the officer clocked me at 66
> with his laser. Now my speedo said 55mph a definate far cry from his
> reading. Now I just recently had my speedo fixed and calibrated so I

Laser is sometimes funky like that. If you elect to fight the ticket, you
should subpoena the laser calibration records. Failing that, try pointing
the laser unit at the wall. It might read 11 mph. :} (seriously.)

It's also possible that the policeman inadvertently clocked some other
car and you got blamed for it because you 'looked' fast.

> the second possibility. I remember a while back, though I can't seem
> to find it in the archives a discussion about laser speed detection in
> regards to the Delorean. I don't remember there being any final

Laser speed detection devices are totally unaffected by the design and/or
construction of the DeLorean. Laser devices work by locking onto the
license plate or headlights, which are pretty much the same on any car.