[DML] Re: Problem Starting After Storage

[DML] Re: Problem Starting After Storage

 > My DMC has been sitting idle for approx. 16 months and I wanted to start
> driving it again. However, my DMC is not willing to cooperate. It will
> not start

I went through this exercise a few months ago. First, start at the fuel tank.
Then work you way along the fuel path to the engine checking out components as
you go.

Here are the results of my experience. The gas in the tank was mush. The
fuel pump was mush. The sender unit was mush. If you find mush anywhere in
the fuel system, chances are there is mush everywhere.

Corrective action: The gas tank was removed and professionally steam cleaned.
The fuel pump, the sender unit, and all associated small parts were replaced
including the large rubber boot at the mouth of the fuel tank. Next, the
filter and all rubber lines were replaced. All steel lines were purged. Then
the fuel distributor was dismantled and thoroughly cleaned. Finally all six
injectors were replaced.

Guess what? She runs like a top now. That's all you have to do! (You might
have to wait until payday. The aforementioned fix ain't cheap.)

Regards,
Ed Thompson (#6419 since 1982),
Midlothian, VA

To address comments privately to the moderating team, please address moderator@xxxx