[DML] Re: Insurance comments

In talking to my insurance company I found that they generally use the book value of the vehicle when working with claims. In calling my town assessors office (that wonderful place that calulates my property taxes...) I was informed that the book value is between 9k and 19k depending on condition. Maybe not the same 27-29k originally paid if you bought it brand new but enough if you bought it second (third or fourth too) hand

Raymond McKay
Network Administrator
Funnybone Interactive

<SNIP>
> With the recent talk about auto insurance, an important point to consider
> (especially with collectable vehicles) is that most insurance does NOT
> provide for replacement cost. What this means is that if your Delorean
> receives considerable damage in an accident, your insurance company may
> decide that the repair cost exceeds the DEPRECIATED VALUE of your eighteen
> year old vehicle. Believe it or not, your regular auto insurance may put a
> value on your Delorean of only a few thousand dollars. You could become
> painfully aware of this fact, only when you filed a claim
<SNIP>

To address comments privately to the moderating team, please address to moderator@xxxx