[DML] Re: Air Conditioning

If your AC is not cooling the first item to check is the cycling of the
compressor. If you are low on freon the compressor will cycle on and off
every 5 to 7 seconds or less. If your freon level is very low the
compressor will not cycle at all. The white/orange wire should be connected
to the oil pressure warning light sender.

Unfortunately a wire code was never documented for the DeLorean electrical
system. Additionally N:10:13 has no ID's for the legends.

FYI # 9 is the compressor # 7 is the low pressure cut off switch and # 8
is the high pressure cut off switch.

DMC Joe / DeLorean Services / <dmcjoe@xxxx>
Web Site: <http://www.deloreanservices.com>

----------
> From: rsrodgers@xxxx
> To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [DML] Air Conditioning
> Date: Tuesday, June 29, 1999 11:49 AM
>
> Over the winter I noticed the A/C didn't seem to blow cold. Now I KNOW
it doesn't! Any thoughts as to where to look? In trying to evaluate
electrical problems first, I noticed that the red wire to the compressor is
bundled with a white/orange wire that goes NO WHERE. Should it? Looking at
figure 95 of the Workshop manual (section N:10:13) didn't help much! Can
anyone tell me the wire color code & where to find the lookup for the
numbers next to various parts? I'm guessing #9 is the compressor, but what
are switches #7 & #8 ?

> Last week I took a 1000 mile round trip to Potsdam NY, my first *long*
trip in the D since I've owned it. Luckily the weather was COOL! I smiled
the entire trip.