[DML] Re: Overheating

Joshua,

Your problem sounds like air trapped in the cooling lines. You may not be
air bleeding the system properly.
Try this test. Start the engine (AC off ) and let it idle, as the
temperature rises the cooling fans should turn on before the temperature
gauge reaches 220. The fans should run continuously. Within one minute
after the fans turn on the temperature should begin to drop. If the
temperature continues to rise past the 220 mark rev or gun the engine six
to eight times, if the temperature begins to drop there is trapped air in
the coolant lines. Let me know what happens.

DMC Joe / DeLorean Services / <dmcjoe@xxxx>
Web Site: <http://www.deloreanservices.com>

----------
> From: Jdsjlv@xxxx
> To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [DML] Overheating
> Date: Monday, June 28, 1999 12:41 PM
>
> HELP- On Saturday, I was driving my D and stopped to get gas. I had the
A/C
> running on maximum when I noticed that there was smoke coming from the
> passenger side of my car. I quickly drove out of the gas line and up the
> street where I had room to pull over. When I got out of my car (I left it

> running) I looked around for smoke or any signs of coolant leaking from
my
> car. I didn't notice any, so I decided to go back to the gas station.
Just as
> I pulled onto the road, I noticed my temperature gauge was pegged at the
> highest mark. I quickly turned into a parking lot and turned it off.
Aftert

moderator@xxxx, not to the eGroups address shown

To address comments privately to the moderating team, please address to moderator@xxxx