[DML] Re: Overheating

Sounds like you have the "Air In The Coolant System Blues".

Just a little air in the system will cause the fans not to come on. ( They
should still come on when the AC is on.) A small pocket of air in the system
will cause the coolant not to circulate. The coolant in the engine will then
over heat and steam, not smoke, will come out of the over flow hose that is
attached to the reservoir tank. This is most likely is what you seen coming
from the passenger side in the engine compartment.

If the water pump was bad most likely there would be coolant coming from the
water pump weep hole.

Bleed the coolant system removing all the air and have the system pressure
checked for leaks. Most shops can pressure check the system, as it is the
same procedure that is done on every car that I can think of with a
radiator, except that the tester is connected to the reservoir tank in our
case.

Keep the dream alive and be safe,
Robert Starling
Vin#5252