[DML] Re: Door/Roof Seal

>But I have a question, what holds
> the other side of the seal to the "T" top? It looks like the rubber >seal
> part is loose and slides under the "T" top section of the roof when >the
> door is closed. Is this correct?
>
> Dave Sontos
> VIN

Your right, it's not attached to the T roof. They are rather difficult to
remove as they are pop riveted in place with stainless rivets. Hard to drill
out and if you grind them out you have to be very careful of the torsion
bars. A scratch on them can be terminal. Those seals don't stand up very
well because they bend in half every time the door is opened and only
contribute to the aesthetics more than anything. Any water just gets
channeled away around the door opening. Unless your a stickler for a
concours car it's hardly worth the trouble.

Bruce Benson

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/dmcnews