[DML] Johnny Carson/Troy McClure parody?

[DML] Johnny Carson/Troy McClure parody?

A lot of you are familiar with that episode of "The Simpsons" in which Troy
McClure gets pulled over in his DeLorean for drunk driving. Well, I was just
reading an article about Johnny Carson's DeLorean in this months issue of
DeLorean World, and it detailed a similar incident in which Carson got
pulled over while driving his "D" and was charged with drunk driving. I'm
guessing the opening scene of that particular episode of "The Simpsons" is
supposed to be a parody of the Carson incident. Does anyone else think so?

BTW, any Simpsons/DeLorean fans in Sydney would be interested to know that
the Troy McClure/DeLorean episode is on Channel 10 this coming Sunday, so be
sure to look out for it.

R. Haslewood,
Sydney Australia
www.zip.com.au/~delorean/