[DML] Sun Protection Questions

Hi Everyone

Well after 3years in my closet, I finaly installed my new dash which I had
picked up at the Ohio/KAPAC gathering Oct 96 (new binnacle included). Now I
want to protect them as best I can (short of driving overcast only days)

I have seen the posts about the dash-mat protector avaliable from Dashmat. I
saw one in a car at Aspen 2 yrs ago. It looks nice an all but I don't really
care for the material they use. It has no apparent backing to speak of and
carpet is fairly porous in density. Too me this is fine for hiding damage
but not so good for protecting against it. Does any one know of another
availiable source that they might consider better? Possibly one that doesn't
have a glove box flap (too me they look tacky) or corners that curl up.

Also at the Nashville Expo I noticed some folks had custom sun shades for
their windshields. One type was external it rolled out flat on the
windshield with excess material that was tucked inside the door openings
then closed to hold in place. I like this the best. The other was a folded
type inside the car made of a silvery material double sided. Does anyone
know if either of these are still avaliable and who to contact.

Thanks in advance

Dennis GULLWNG 5180