[DML] Re: Nose Bra accessory

Bruce,

Since my ownership of my DeLorean for the last three years, I always wanted a
bra for my car. At that time I asked many DeLorean distributors, suppliers,
club and members but to no avail.

I do remember your car with the bra in Cincinnati. I do believe if my memory
serves me right, your car was the ONLY car that had a bra at the meet. Your
DeLorean with the bra, it looks good! That is why I remember your DeLorean.
I do believe what you are telling me is real for you do have the "experience"
to justify your statement.

On the other hand, one person who is well known and he owns a famous DeLorean
service depot (I will not use his name at this time and you also know him
too.) He told me that a bra will "mar" and leave an imprint on the surface
of the stainless steel finish. I would and could not hesitate in disagreeing
with his suggestion in avoiding using the bra, for he is very well respected
as a technician and a mechanic within the DeLorean marque. He has much
experience in this area. He told me that in the past, he had to refinish the
surfaces of DeLoreans that used the bra. I also agree with him for I know of
other who use bra on non-DeLorean cars and there is etching, chaffing,
marring and discoloration!

Since there are no surface damages to your car, there can be only several
reasons. One, possibly that your bra is that well made and padded and with
the proper ties to hold it down to prevent the effects? Two, that your usage
of your car is with the bra is on the minimum and not used daily in the rain,
snow and sunshine which will produce the damages to the surface of the
stainless steel?

Why the failure with the other cars? Maybe these owners mounted the bra
incorrectly? Possible they never taken the bra off occasionally to clean out
debris between the car's surface and the bra that can cause the chaffing and
marring effect?

Anyway, despite all the problems, I still want the bra like many other
owners. Many other owners and myself would like to have a bra for their
DeLorean. If you still would be kind enough to allow the use of your bra as
a pattern and if the cost is not astronomical. We as a group, with a good
size order, we may be able to perk some interest in a company that
manufactures bras to make them for us.

I do drive my car daily. An average of 70 miles daily on the minimum -- ALL
year round -- snow, rain and sunshine. I have collected many "dings" from
this daily usage. If the bra do damage the surface with chafing marks I can
refinish the surface of the stainless steel surface to the proper factory
finish. I would preferred the chaffing marks over the rocks and other
objects that cause "dings" on the surface that are more difficult to remove.

So -- ANY DMLers OUT THERE INTERESTED IN A BRA? Maybe we can get together to
make this item a reality for us?

Kayo Ong
#05508
Lic 9D NY