[DML] Re: consumer purchasing

Darren,
I couldn't agree with your assessment more! I made the mistake of e-mailing
D1 through their web site before Christmas of last year to see what they were all
about. Before they could tell me anything they demanded my full VIN number for
there records. (no big deal, I thought) Then I asked what it would cost to order
a new set of headliners and a new dashboard cover. They promptly told me that
they were too busy to take on any new customers at the moment, and that I should
call back around March (This was December!) Mind you I did not ask them for any
service, I simply asked for the parts themselves!

At this point I knew I'd never do business with them under any circumstances,
but I had just bought my DeLorean, and I was interested in knowing how much some
general parts were for the car. I knew I took another risk of getting treated
badly, but I still decided to ask them if they had a parts catalog that they
could mail me. They never did reply to my e-mail, and about a month later I got
a xeroxed copy of a brochure through the mail. I didn't think much of it at the
time, until I went back to their web site, (by accident of course!) and found out
that they had a full color catalog of parts that was not even close to what I had
received! I was interested in knowing why I was not eligible for this luxury.
What had I done? Did I offend them in some manner?

Perhaps these people could stand to take the course in marketing that I'm
taking now at Ohio State. We have learned that companies that exist to achieve
customer satisfaction often survive for a long time, whereas companies that exist
to achieve only a profit die quickly. Would you trust a company that obviously
doesn't know this basic fact, with your car? Do yourself a favor, and look
elsewhere when you need parts and service for your cars. I highly recommend
Bauerle Automotive in Ohio and the DeLorean Motor Company in Houston, Texas.
They know what they are doing!
Josh
VIN 5102