[DML] Miramar Car show experience

This past Saturday I had quite an enjoyable time at the MCAS Miramar auto
show. I visited with Fil Vigil, owner of the ony DeLorean in the show.
Pictures of Fil's DeLorean are on my web site at
http://www.jps.net/cjmack/delorean.htm

There was almost every type of muscle car at the event including the Pontiac
GTO and Ford Mustang. There were even 4 Pantera's there along with a '68
AMC AMX. All the owners that I talked to were more than happy to answer any
questions I had about their cars.

Fil's car caught quite a lot of attention.
I was amazed how many people flocked around Fil's D. One individual
previously owned a DeLorean and told me about his experiences with his D.
He had bought a black int auto D from a used car lot in '86 and sold the car
about a year later. Apparently he liked the attention he got from the car,
but he complained about the acceleration of the car, the periodic shutting
off of the cooling fans (which would often leave him with an overheated
car), and the auto transmission computer governor malfunctioning which he
said would cause his car to downshift on the freeway for no apparent reason.
I was wondering, I know that now updated are available to remedy most, if
not all these problems, but were there any available back then in the mid to
late 80's? Please email me and let me know

thanks,

Christopher Mack
cjmack@xxxx

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/dmcnews