[DML] Re: Thermotime sensor

Grounding out the blue-black wire going to the Thermo-timer will cause
the cold start valve to shoot gas every time the starter motor is
running. Once the engine starts, it will not spray any more gas. This
is fine if the motor is cold. If it is hot, the engine might flood,
making it hard to start. If you are not having starting problems, it
might be best to leave it. However if you want to keep the engine 100%
orginal check the Thermo-timer by measuring resistance from each pin
(there are 2) to ground. Once should be close to 0. The other should
be around 60ohms. If this looks good, give it a functional test.
Connect up the Thermo-timer and then use two needles to connect a test
light to the cold start injector connector (big blue plug). Make sure
the engine is really cold (let it sit overnight), then crank it while
watching the test light. It should go on for a few seconds then go off
if the ambient temp is 60*F. It should stay on longer if it is colder,
and less if it is hotter. I think it should be totally off at 95*F. As
far as I know, all Control pressure regulators had vacuum connections.
It allows the control pressure to drop when you accelerate on a really
cold engine. If the engine is warm or hot, the enrichment control is
not used. There is a thermal vacuum valve located underneath the plenum
that controls this. Look around at the very back of the engine
comapartment for loose vacuum hoses. Good luck!

eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/dmcnews