[DML] Re: buying a D

On Wed, 5 May 1999 orentha@xxxx wrote:

> I am looking to buy a Delorean, and I wondered what would be better.
> Buying a run-down one and having it restored at 'Delorean Motor Co' or
> something like that, or would it be better to just find a decent
> running one. I'd like to know what some people think on this

If you want one to drive, then find one in good shape. If you want one to
restore, find one that's broken. Fixing one up will cost you more,
especially if you have it done rather than doing it yourself. There are
enough DeLoreans around that you can find a good one - look on the
dmcnews.com classifieds, for starters.

If you want to extensively customize the car (paint, new engine, whatever)
then you are better off buying one that has problems in the area you want
to modify. That will probably save you money, and leave more "original"
ones for the people that want them.

eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/dmcnews