[DML] Prototype

Saw the same "#2 prototype" car at a Detroit auction over the week-end. It
is
the same car
that was purchased by a Detroit car dealer at the Las Vegas auction for
$10,000. It has sliding windows...a differently designed engine
cover...front air intake, etc. Bidding for the car did not meet the reserve
but I noticed from the "still for sale" tag placed on the car after the
bidding had ended that the dealer who owns it is now asking $14,000. Pretty
inexpensive for a major piece of automotive history (I guess I'm biased).
There appeared to be mainly dealers at this auction so they were not
interested in this kind of investment and most of the non-dealer types at
the
auction could have been put off by the ill fitting doors and body panels,
etc.
although the car was drawing a lot of lookers.

Cliff McComb
Detroit, MI
VIN # 11546

eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/dmcnews