[DML] Finally-A Buyer for my D- and...a request for you!

[DML] Finally-A Buyer for my D- and...a request for you!

Long story short, I found a buyer for my DeLorean (Alex Wolf..yeah, he's on the list) in San Antonio, TX, and I'm in Milwaukee, WI. He can only pay $2000 down, $1000 a month, and I don't really want to release the car to him until it's paid for. I did offer to send the car to DMC Houston while he's paying for it and have it totally fixed up. Problem is, cheapest chance for me to get the D to Houston is in July when I go to St. Louis for the American Motors Owner's Assn. national meet. My bro. has a '69 Javelin and I have a '77 Pacer (laugh if you will- I'm not the first, or even second, DMC owner to also own an AMC Pacer at the same time...not even the first to own a yellow '77 Pacer at the same time). And with the payments, he won't be done until next spring. (sale price, $13,000) So, I either need to find a place to store the car in Houston for dirt cheap (any offers?) or be convinced to let him have the car before it's paid for, maybe with a notarized contract or something...but I'm wary of this. It's a lot of cash, and it's risky sending your car unattended to HOUSTON for a year.

Can anyone here help?

Tim Hansen
thansen@xxxx

eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/dmcnews