[DML] Re: Rough Running

Try swapping 2 of the wires, and see if the problem moves with the
wire. Here is why:

If you have checked everything correctly, then I suspect that you may
still have a bad wire. The OHM meter test is good to see if the wire is
"open", but does not do a good job of checking to see if the insulation
is good.

It is common on over head cam motors to have the spark jump from a crack
in the wire to the block, creating a short circuit, where the spark
never gets to the plug.

You can also inspect the wire for cracks, and burning where this is
happening. It is usually pretty close to the spark plug, below the
boot. It will sometimes even happen at the point there the wire
connects to the plug.

A quick fix is to put some dielectric grease on the the effected area,
but this is temporary. The real fix is a new set of wires.

If none of the above is true, then you can try using a timing light on
the #6 wire to make sure that there is at least enough current through
the wire to make the light flash. But remember, just because the light
blinks does not mean you are getting a good spark. This test is more of
a way to see if you are getting current flow through the #6 wire. If
you have a "short", you will still get current through the wire, but no
spark.

New List Comment: I have my profile set to NOT receive HTML messages,
yet I still continue to (along with the advertisements). Even though I
have "wrap long lines" set to ON (Netscape email client), the lines
still don't wrap due to the HTML tags. Anyone else have this problem??
Any fix?