[DML] Re: Trigger/Stator air gap

I would pull the distributer out! It is possible the screws loosened
up and are lying inside waiting to jam up the distributer. Also
because they are missing you have to wonder what else the P.O. did in
there! It is not too hard to take the whole distributer apart. The
biggest part of the job is getting it out of the car and back in and
timed. The biggest problem besides the gap is that the vacuum advance
would not have any control over the position of the advance plate. The
car should run much better with the screws in holding the plate.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757