Re: [DML] Lost all hope

Hi Tom.

Dont be giving up now! Do you really want to throw 11 years down the drain? If you were to buy one that needed a few thousand spent on it, you have to remember that you dont have to spend that overnight. You can perfect it over a few years! Thats what I am doing (mostly because I cant get insurance until im 21 :-) )

I am 17 now, I saved for 2-3 years for my De Lorean which came from Texas. It was a restoration project, cost $7,600. I have spent a fortune on it (I have been buying things that are not necessary at this point though!), and will spend even more, but the feeling of walking out to the garage and seeing it sitting there is like nothing else...driving it is even better.

I suppose if I wasnt really into the cars, it would have been sold a long time ago.

I wouldnt worry if you can only drive it a few months of the year...I think if you were to drive it all year round it simply wouldnt last, and you WOULD end up spending thousands...they are old, got to remember that. I live in Belfast, so we get all sorts of weather which the DMC will not see much of.

Once the car is sorted out and finished, it should be reliable. Servicing them is cheap enough because its a big Volvo lump.
Get in contact with a DMC owner near you and get a spin in their car! Might help you.

Good luck, and Merry Christmas!
Thomas
Vin 4087
Belfast

Tom Porter <treehouse2000us@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hey Guys,

Merry Christmas to all DML'ers out there in cyber space through out
the world! Hope all is well on your end.

Havent realy posted much in the past couple of months, and I doubt I
will be posting much anymore at all. I have been slowly loosing
steam of hope in DeLorean ownership.