[DML] Axel seal replacement tricks

With the holiday break coming up I have some time to fix an anoyance
I have had for some time. After 170K miles on my car, my manual
transmission axel seal is starting to weep a little on the one side.
It's not a big problem as I have less than a drop a day, but I am a
neat-freak with my garage and I cann't stand to have any drips on my
floor (and it also makes a mess of the tranny as all the road dust
sticks and makes a nice goo).

The seal in question that I need to replace is item #25 in section
4.1.1 of the parts manual (part number 103013).

I thought I noticed someone mentioning some time back that there is
a trick to replacing this seal. If someone has experience and advice
on this procedure I would appreciate it.

    Knut