[DML] Re: Centering the air meter plate (SOLVED)

[DML] Re: Centering the air meter plate (SOLVED)

Finally got something that I think will work.  If you take a look at:

http://www.personal.psu.edu/users/m/d/mds328/meterplate3.jpg

You will see a black/grayish fiber-like washer on the post assembly
directly in the bottom middle of the pic, going through the "leaf
spring."  That washer is the culprit that prevented me from
adjusting my plate properly.  So, I busted it outta there!  That
gave me a few more millimeters of adjustment using the adjustment
screw directly opposite of it going through the other end leaf
spring.  With a little turning of that adjustment screw, it wasn't
long before I had an airflow meter plate that was not only centered,
but also at the correct rest position.

The *correct* rest position I determined to be where the side of the
plate closest to the fuel distributor is flush with the cone lip,
while the side of the plate closest to the throttle valves should be
slightly above the cone lip.

Some of you may think that perhaps I could have simply moved the
leaf spring to the other side of that black fiber washer, so that it
was underneath.  I tried that, but it prevented the leaf spring from
being able to flex, and this functionality is necessary in case of a
backfire.

thanks for all of the responses,

Matt