Re: [DML] DMC houston video question

Sorry VB, but that's flawed logic. There is another car which falls
into the same catergory as the DeLorean, when it comes to
reproduction. The Avanti.

The Avanti was a Studebaker creation, that has survived through MANY
inceptions, as various people over the years have resurected the car
many times over. Overall, it remains a moderately popular, yet stable
marquee, despite the many revisions of the car that have occured. From
improving & modifying the original car, to the newer coachbuilt cars,
that are derived from the Corvette platform.

The DeLorean fits into the reproduction niche just like the Avanti, if
not easier. If new DeLoreans were to ever hit the street, rest
assurred that the value of original run cars would most certainly
increase. People wouldn't skip buying an original DMC-12. They'd
clamor for them, because it's the closest thing they can get to the
newer cars.

I've no idea where the $75K MSRP for any new cars that DMCH would
possibly produce, ever came from. However, I can tell you that there
are people that would pay for it. If people are willing to fork over
$90K+ for an Esprit, that devalues an automatic $20K-$30K in the first
year, there are far more that would plunk down that serious an amount
of cash, for an even more iconic car, that has the performance they
crave. It wouldn't be a question of whom would be willing to put down
that kind of cash. It's a question of who can? The buyers are
certainly there.

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Videobob Moseley" <videobob@xxxx> wrote:

> I think you are foregetting one thing, you can not buy a GT40 or an
AC Cobra
> for $75K
> but you can buy a REAL DeLorean for about $20K all day long.
> Why spend twice, or three times as much on a replica?
> You could buy a real one and add the interior, new engine and what
ever else
> you
> like and still never hit the $75K mark.
>
> The reason Lamborghini kits sell for $35 is because a real used
Countach is