[DML] Kids these days (a short DeLorean story)

[DML] Kids these days (a short DeLorean story)

I went to Wendy's for lunch today. Haven't been there in a long time
and decided, what the heck. So I place my order and pull up to the
first window with my door open (easier to hand over money & receive
food that way). The young girl running the drive thru is looking very
excited at this point. She's bouncing up and down and she says, "Ooh!
Ooh! That's the car from the movie! That movie... oh, shoot... you
know, that movie!"

I'm thinking to myself, "Yeah, Back to the Future. Here comes the
question about the flux capacitor." But it's on the tip of her tongue
so I just smile and wait for her to finish. She continues:

"...that was a good movie, too! Gosh, what's it called.. OH! THE
WEDDING SINGER!"

What?!?!? The WEDDING SINGER?!?! The car got a 5 second cameo, for
crying out loud! Of all the movies to remember a DeLorean by, who
thinks of the wedding singer?!

Then it hit me: She wasn't even a glimmer in her parents' eyes when
Back to the Future was released. Born no earlier than 1987, she
remembers the eighties like I remember the sixties: "Too young, thank
God." It's "that decade my parents seem to love, with those terrible
oldies artists like Pat Benatar and Blondie." The Wedding Singer is
probably one of her childhood favorites. She's going to tell all of
her friends, "I saw that cool car from the wedding singer!" They'll
say, "No! That's a real car? It can't be!"

I'm getting too old for this. God help us all when the "flux
capacitor" jokes are replaced by "oh! you must sell junk bonds!
hahahaha...".

Apologies to you young'ins on the list. ;)

-Ryan