Re: [DML] Re: Tire Replacement / SIZES

You can't assume that a lower profile tire will give you better handling
than a stock tire.  The compliance in the sidewalls is considered when
the suspension is tuned - particularly for sports cars and especially for
sports cars designed or tuned by Lotus.  The sidewall is factored in
to the spring rate and the shock absorber bounce and rebound
characteristics.  It is also considered when setting toe, caster and
camber.  You will definitely change the handling by going with a
wheel and tire combination that is different than what the suspension was
designed for.  Without doing the math you can't know if the change
is for better or worse.

--
Mike

-------------- Original message from nicholden@xxxxxxxxx: --------------