[DML] Re: Tire Replacement

I'm not really arguing, but it's difficult to compare a worn set of
one tire with a new set of another. Also - the Yokos are a pretty
stiff, lots-of-tread-on-the-ground tire which is good for nice dry
pavement but not so good on wet or "greasy" pavement. I can
understand why the Coopers would seem better in those conditions.

I would probably go with the Coopers or something similar on a daily-
driver car. Especially at the price.

The last set of Michelin Pilot Sports I bought (not for the DMC) were
$225 each (245-ZR40). Ouch. . . . never again.

Dave

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas@xxxx>
wrote:

> --- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Dave Swingle" <swingle@xxxx> wrote:
> <SNIP>
> > I've driven a couple of DeLoreans on no-name tires (Cooper, , low-
> > line Goodyear etc) and honestly think they ride nicer in everyday
> > driving than my Yokos. But you will give up some handling
> capability
> > (more understeer).
> >
> > Dave S
>
> I have a set of Cooper Cobra GT's on my D. And I can tell you that
> they have improved the handling of my car, in comparison to the
Yoko