[DML] Re: Tire Replacement

The problem with asking the opinion of most owners is that they will
have a very limited experience. Most are on the set of tires the car
had when they bought it! Some may have some limited experience with a
second set that may no longer be available. If you really want the
best, most experienced advice you should contact your friendly
Delorean  vender. They will have the most objective, unbiased opinion.
After that you will realize the Michelin Pilots are probably your best
choice now. Shop around for the best price but remember if you buy
them in one place and have them installed in another don't expect much
sympathy from the installing shop if there is ANY problem. They will
not give you any credit for the mounting and balancing if they have to
remove a bad tire. BTW I took my NCT's off recently and went for the
Pilots. I can say they were a HUGE improvement over the 20 year old
tires. Check the tire pressures YOURSELF after you get home and
retorque the lug nuts. Most shops will put them on so tight you might
not get them loose. If the lugnuts are messed up you might have to
replace them or risk never being able to get them off yourself. The
shells deform and come off. If the car has never had an alignment you
might consider one at the same time as the new tires. Talk to the shop
and examine the wear on the old tires. From the way the old tires wore
you can see if an alignment is indicated. In any case the entire
suspension should be checked for looseness and play and any damaged seals.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Soma576@xxxx wrote:

> In a message dated 12/12/04 5:34:26 PM Central Standard Time,
> murrayfw@xxxx writes:
>

> > I only got two reponses re my request for tire selection
information!   Both