Re: [DML] Re: Mountain Home AR DeLorean

Unfortunately, Matt is quite right.  I remember I was
willing to give up my rent money - really - I was
discussing it with my fiancee.  She thought I was
nuts, and I was - but I had the passion and the fire
to suggest the unimaginable of giving up the money
that gave us a roof over our heads just to buy the
car.

He may have been a bit blunt with you, but he is right
- don't buy the car now.  I promise you; it's not
worth the trouble you could get into.  I paid 10k for
mine (a bargain considering the 15k-20k "DeLorean
rule" http://dmcnews.com/Techsection/restoration.htm),
and I've easily dropped another 12k-18k getting my car
to the point that it's a dependable driver.  It's no
showroom car, but I guarantee you my car gets more
attention than ANY immaculate hot rod, street rod, or
muscle car at the shows I go to on the weekends.

I'm not trying to get on a soapbox and wreck your
dream.  Don't let ANYONE do that to you, but don't buy
a car that you know needs alot of work just to fulfill
that "I have a DeLorean" desire - unless you have the
technical know-how and you are ready to wait.  It'll
start wearing on you REAL fast the first couple of
days when you start realizing you can't drive it.

Jeremiah