[DML] Re: The Once and Future Car

Michael,

This happened to me for the first time a few years agao.  I had
mechanically refurbished a Delorean (but it needed interior work)
and sold it to a really nice guy in Missouri.  He drove up with
friends to "do" the Taste of Chicago and they followed him back
home with his new purchase.  He refurbished most of the interior
over the first winter he owned the car.  The car was VIN...6683.

Fast forward a few years and I get an email from the guy saying
that he was moving back to his home town in Georgia and did not
want to take the Delorean with him, since he would be looking
for a new place, new job, etc. and wanted to know if I wanted
to buy it back.  I thought for a few moments, then said "Yes".
My first thought was to finish the yet incomplete interior work.

I purchased the car back, picked it up with Marty Maier and left
it with Marty to check on a few mechanical issues and have Jake
drive the car back up to me for the upcoming British Car Show.
Marty found a plugged injector and a few other things, fixed them
and had Jake drive the car up to the Chicago area for the show.
(Note: This was before Jake finished school and bought his own D)

Once the car was back in my hands, I put in new seats to match
the rest of the refurbished interior and drove it to Evansville
later that month. VIN...6683 met up with Todd's VIN...6681 for
the first time in over 20 years at the Evansville show.  After
the show, I got an offer from Mark V. to buy this car and that
is who owns the car today.

Mark has been doing an excellent job getting the car back into
show condition (I hid the Arizona baked front fascia under a bra)
and I hope it will look as nice as Todd's Delorean when the two
cars meet again at DCS 2006 in Chicago (or sooner).

My advise - Just Do It!!

Later,
Rich W.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Michael C. Babb" <mcbabb@xxxx>