[DML] The Once and Future Car

I have found myself in an interesting, though hopefully not
unpleasant, position and am interested in seeing if this has happened
to anyone else on the list.

The situation: I owned my DeLorean for about 4 years, and sold it
about 4 years ago (my how the time flies), the interesting thing is I
am now buying my car back from the guy who I sold it to 4 years ago.
(pretty much eliminates my ability to bitch about the previous owner,
seeing as at some point it was me).

The long story:  I have been fascinated with DeLoreans for as long as
I can remember, and even before I had ever seen one in the flesh I
told myself that no mater what it took I would own one at some time in
my life (and still hope to have at least one of each of the year
models, interior colors, etc . . .though still waiting for that
unknown rich relative to pass away and leave me everything so that
this will happen).

I  bought my DeLorean through DMC-Houston and took 4 days driving it
back to North Carolina - with some issues on the way home, but nothing
that was major (as an aside, the car was on consignment with DMC, they
were not selling is as reconditioned, etc).

The times that i had the car were the standard Love Hate relationship.
 Most of the time when I had the car and it was behaving I had a
wonderful time . . .and then the engine started failing.

What????  Seems that at one time in its history there was a small hole
that developed in the top of the engine block, and one of the previous
owners had just plugged the hole with epoxy . . .good enough solution
to keep it running, but it impeded the engines ability to adequately
get oil to the needed parts, so after a while it started breaking
down. . . .much time and money spent on getting that fixed.

After moving from North Carolina to Colorado, and eventually back to
North Carolina I decided to buy a house, and needed to come up with
enough of a down payment to get anything better than an old empty
refrigerator box . . . .so the DeLorean had to go.  I reluctantly put
it up on e-Bay and got myself a VW Cabrio to use as my replacement (I
hated that car) . . . I ended up selling it to a nice gentleman who
promised me that he would take good care of it for me.

Since i sold the car more out of necessity than from wanting to move
on to something else, I have monitored the DML ever since, and usually
went and looked at all of the "For Sale" listings at least once a
month.  I finally couldn't stand it any longer, and decided to start
seriously looking to purchase a new DeLorean (even sent some inquiries
to people about their cars - hope you got what you wanted for all of
them!!!!) when I got an e-mail from the guy that had purchased my old
car - seems that he was not putting it to as good a use as he would
have liked, and wanted to see if I was interested in buying it back.

The thought had never crossed my mind.  I figured that once it was
sold I would probably never see the car again.  I had to think about
what I wanted - a new DeLorean with quirks that I would have to get
used to / kinks to work out, or a car that I had loved and hated, but
already gotten to the level where I would gladly jump in it and drive
across the country. . . so, ultimately I am getting my old car back,
and can't wait to start driving it once again.  I used it as a daily
driver before (even during the winter in Denver), and cannot wait to
do so again.

Anyone else on the list with a similar experience?
--
Michael

3472 <---soon to be back home