Re: [DML] just stuff

I have always wanted to get a Bricklin, but you mention damage...
the problem is that the composites they used for fiberglass was not as good
as it is now.
Back then they use loose glass with the resin, like in our underbodies.
This makes them very brittle and the reason why they ended up having to put
a steel frame up the middle of our cars instead of the one peice underbody
as originaly planned.

With today's woven carbon fibers they could do it.

The fiberglass on these Bricklin's usually need to be completely redone.
The entire surface needs to be hard sanded, re coated and resealed and then
wet sanded
and painted again..... The doors and interior also need to be completely
reworked
with actuators, a whole lot of work, but one day I will do it.

If you want to see a real Bricklin doing some serious haulin'ass then find
the re-issue
of the original "Gone In 60 Seconds" from the 70's.
It is wicked.
- VB