Re: [DML] Re: Car won't go over 1500 RPMs (and radio won't work)

Re: [DML] Re: Car won't go over 1500 RPMs (and radio won't work)

>> Since you do not have an origional radio there is no way of knowing
>> how it is hooked up. You just have to follow the wires and see where
>> the power stops going to the radio. On the origional radio there were
>> in-line fuses in the console behind the radio which can blow or the
>> fuse holders sometimes just break leaving the fuse loose and not
>> making contact.
>
> I'll see if I can find them, on the off chance they're still there.  I
> did see a light green wire running to the radio wiring harness.
>
>> Just a guess but the radio may now be getting it's
>> power off the lighter circuit and if it went dead that may why the
>> radio is dead too.
>
> I'm curious as to why the lighter circuit is dead at all, as it's fuse
> appears to be fine.  Guess I'll have to pull out the fuse box and see
> if any of the wires came off it.

I finally dug up a multimeter and found that the light green wire is
indeed powering the radio.  The workshop manual lists the Radio Clock
(which I presume means "sleep mode" poer for the radio so it doesn't
lose your station presets, the time, etc), Cig Lighter and Clock on the
same line, so I'm guessing that's died.  I'm guessing this radio
requires both the "clock" power and normal accessory power before it
will do anything.

Anyway, fuel tank's all clean now (it wasn't really dirty to begin
with, but all the water should be out now).  I have the car on jack
stands so I can get to the fuel filter, which itself is being very
difficult.  I'm got the bottom line off no problem, but the top line is
being difficult and won't budge.  I've been following the fuel filter
thread; hopefully I'll be able to know it loose.

Thanks!

-- Joe