Re: [DML] Video Bob

Bravo, and nice response.

Don't think that I don't day dream these things.
Imagine reworking the entire underbody and frame into carbon fiber?
The only thing I dissagree on with you is the position of the engine behind
the wheels.
If you cut out some of the rear deck and flipped in around like a Pantera
you would have
the perfect weight balance.
This is how all super cars are built, and fr good reason.

The DeLorean certainly had potential, if this car had been in the hands of a
few
italians it might have turned out different.

I tell you if I had the cash, I would put together the ultimate Delorean.
I would start with one of those stainless frames, I would replicate the
underbody in
either carbon fiber or the very least woven glass and then I would add some
sort of
a V8, or twin turbo V6 and something like Houston's interior.

Externally the car has stood the test of time with the exception of the
front grill
and headlights. We all know the grill is bogus and the lights just look
lame.
I think that Curtis nailed it when he put those new lights on his red car.
I might even like some spinning light lids like an old Plymouth or
Dodge......or retract
like an old SS?

In order to build a car like this you are looking at spending over $50K
and for that sort of bread you can get one heck of a car.

I have decided that once my "time machine" is finished, and the "Knight
Rider"
is polished off that I may get another Delorean and do as much of what I
have described
as possible. I have been looking at the Houston interior and have shown it
to a few friends
in the upholstery business and they were impressed by it, and of course said
they could
make something like it for much less than $10K.
So I am looking into the possibility of making something simular for my own
car
unless of course the price of the DMCH interior can be negotiated, or maybe
the parts
sold as a DIY project.

I would like to see the interior maximized for sace and usabilty and less
for being a
boom-box. It seems that the entire rear deck of the DMCH interior has been
made into
a place of beauty and sound, I would however like a place for my stuff.
I would like to relocate the battery to the trunk and chop all that wood out
and make
more storage for everyday life.
There is a lot of wasted space back there if you chop out the storage boxes,
the relay
and fuse boxes and the battery...move all that junk to the trunk when you
re-wire
the car with a whole new harness made of better wire and use that space for
things
like your clubs, shopping bags, luggage and of course your hoverboard!

I am surprised that some of our Monster Garage friends haven't made
something
like this yet....
Rich, we're waiting.....

- Videobob
http://www.bttfstuff.com

>From: "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas@xxxxxxx>
>To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: Re: [DML] Video Bob
>Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 22:48:18 -0000
>

>1981 was quite possibly the best time for the car to come out. The
>only real problem that they encountered was the currency exchange
>rate. And even in such a slow down of automotive sales, the DeLorean
>not only did well, but it out sold other competetive cars.
>
>BTTF has done a bit to help get the DeLorean recognized somewhat, but
>only on the street. But in all honestly, that's all over now. The
>movies will be 20 years old next summer. And the good majority of
>people out there have never seen the film. And of those who have, I've
>never met a single person who said that after seeing the movie, they
>wanted to own the car. And by that same token, I've never met an owner
>who has purchased a DeLorean, simply because of BTTF, outside of the
>minute handful here on the list. So either way, I seriously doubt that
>BTTF has had much of an impact on both DeLorean purchases, or the
>image of the car, either negative, or positive.

[moderator snip]