[DML] New Interior Design

Hi James,

I was interested in knowing more about the philosophy behind choosing
the specific design and layout of the interior.

Although the new design is visually appealing, it seems to me that, just
like the original interior, it lacks that DeLorean branding that is so
strong on the outside of the car.  As a product designer, everyday I
have to consider how to develop new commercial products that retain the
same identity of products that have been produced by that company in the
past.  That branding can be accomplished through shapes, parting line
locations, patterns, colors, textures and materials.  Like I said, this
design is visually appealing, but if it didn't have a DMC logo on the
steering wheel hub and gauges, I would guess that I was in an Audi.

I still like it...it's far better than what John and Giugiaro came up
with for the production car...but considerations could be made to have
it match the original timeless styling of the outside of the car, rather
than just create a "snapshot" of everything that's popular and appealing
in 2004...unless of course, that was what you were going for.

Just my professional opinion.  I'm paid to be this critical with my
company, and I would want you to expect no less from me here.

-Josh