[DML] Odd starting problem, Help please...

[DML] Odd starting problem, Help please...

Ok here's my embarrasing moment....

I was washing the car before winter, and just while cleaning it I
decided to wash the engine compartment lightly. Well after just
giving it a light washing, shop vacuuming and blowing it dry, the
car would no longer start. Not wanting to damage anything I rolled
it into the garage. I removed the air cleaner, disconnected any
electrical connections that might have gotten wet, cleaned any
contacts, disconnected the frequency valve, cold start valve, idle
speed motor, cleaned the the resistors on the firewall. Dried
everything thoroughly with a hair dryer. Still no start. So then I
turned a fan on it in the garage to blow warm air over it overnight
and would just try it in the morning.

This morning after crossing my fingers, it started on the first turn
after hooking everything back up. It was just in my garage running
on initial warmup and the air cleaner was off, and for some stupid
reason I pushed down on the air venturi while it was warming up. It
stalled immediately. It made a gasp and stalled.

So I went to restart it, and .... nothing, not starting again, so I
wait another 2,3, 5 hours, and still nothing. What did I do to make
it not want to start just by pushing on the air venturi?? Did I trip
something? Everything has been dried out and cleaned, ran perfectly
before this, started first hit of the key, now this all of a sudden.

I've scoured the DML archives looking for an answer, or similar
situation with none found.

Anyone have a suggestion that I can try here? Kicking myself for
even touching the air venturi now, and attempting to have a clean
engine. I even disconnected the battery hoping it would reset
something, tried the hot start trick, nothing. Entire fuel system is
6 months old on this car.

Hopelessly stuck here, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Joe OBrien