[DML] Re: Valve adjustment? (In response to DMC Joe and David T)

Unfortunatly I've missed most this thread becacuse I have been away
and very busy. But it seems you have a good understanding on how this
is done. BUT, what you need to do, is position the #1 on TCD at the
END of the compression stroke and check THAT cylinder's intake/exhaust
rocker. But you don't go 360 degrees for the next measurement- go from
#1 to the next cylinder in the firing order, then you adjust the
intake/exhaust valve for THAT cylinder. And so on and so on. You will
need to remove the spark plugs in order to determine which cylinder is
where in the order-but there are other methods such as marking your
crank pulley or going by the distributor- but you would probably want
to just remove the plugs. For your
last question, if the feeler gauge goes in between and has plenty of
clearance up and down, you want to adjust the valve so there is very
little clearance, and the feeler just goes in between without force.
On the otherhand, if there is no clearance for the feeler then you
want to adjust the rocker so again-the feeler goes in with little
force. These don't need to be exactly on the mark with the feeler,
they can be a small amount over or under the size feeler you're using
with no effect on performance. I've done plenty of valve adjustments
on all different cars (today I'll be doing the adj. on the DeLo as
well) and they are a peice of cake. if you need more assistance feel
free to contact me off list. Dani B. #5003