[DML] Re: hey everyone I am new to the delorean mailing list

[DML] Re: hey everyone I am new to the delorean mailing list

Hi Jay.

Good luck with your search for a D!  If I can offer any advice, it is
this:  make sure you save enough money for one in decent condition.
I tried to save a little on the initial purchase, and wound up
spending a lot more in repairs than I had expected.  I only paid $13k
for the car, but am up to about $20k including repairs, upgrades,
etc. and I still have lots more to do.  There are no bargains.  For
that much, I could have started with a better car and spent less time
in the shop!  Still, she is my baby and I am now devoted to fixing
her up.

I attended the Mid-Atlantic club fall tour this weekend, and it
really showed me how great these cars can be.  The other club members
have made their cars look like they just rolled out of the factory.
So beautiful!  And, there is nothing like the looks we got driving
around 19 of them in a row.  It is a fantastic car, and a fun hobby.
Let us know when you get yours!

Lauren

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jay Gosciniak" <gotojayjay@xxxx>
wrote:

> Hello everyone, my name is Jay Gosciniak and I am new to the
mailing list
> and am seriously interested in Deloreans. I am a sophomore at NCHS
in
> Naperville Illinois and am saving like CRAZY to buy a delorean.
Just wanted