Re: [DML] What is a "proper vendor" (was: Dashes and Binnacles(reproduct

Re: [DML] What is a "proper vendor" (was: Dashes and Binnacles(reproductions))

I just wanted to mention that San Francisco should be on the "neglected"
radar. We've had little to no luck finding proper shops to work with our
cars. The are lots of cars in the area with enthusiastic owners, but we're
400 miles away from anyone that we'd trust with any major work.

Forgive me, but who is Bauerle Automotive?

-Christian

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004, James Espey wrote:

> Gary Hull wrote:
>
> > Please explain to us how you define "other proper vendors" when you
> > refer to who will be selling DMCH parts.
>
> That's an easy one. A proper parts vendor is one that is a "full-service"
> facility - parts, mechanical service, body (stainless and fiberglass)
> repair, car sales - much like you would get from a regular "car dealer".
> Today, that would include Bauerle Automotive, DeLorean Motor Center,
> DeLorean One, P.J. Grady DeLorean and ourselves.
>
> There are a handful of areas that are in need of a dedicated DeLorean
> service center, and these areas have the necessary number of cars (in our
> opinion) to be able to do a good business and truly be a benefit to the
> DeLorean community. These areas are: South Florida, the Pacific Northwest
> and the Great Lakes/Chicagoland area.
>
> Toby & Misty Peterson in Oregon are doing a great job with DeLorean Parts
> Northwest, and when they are ready to open a service center, we think
> they'll make an even greater contribution to the DeLorean community (and
> probably find themselves with more work than they can do!)
>
> Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have further questions.
>
> Regards,
>
> James

[moderator snip]