[DML] Dashes and Binnacles (reproduction parts)

[DML] Dashes and Binnacles (reproduction parts)

I watched this thread a few weeks ago and have held off on commenting, as I
have been waiting for more concrete details to come through. A fellow DML'er
sent me a link to an eBay auction for a used dashpad that sold for $635.00!
It reminded me of this email in my "draft" folder of my email client and
I've updated to reflect the status as of today and submit it to the list to
set the record straight.

> I understood that the idea to remanufacture them
> was scrapped due to the tooling cost.

The uninformed comment above could not be further from the truth. Tooling IS
a huge expense is making these reproduction parts. DeLorean Motor Company is
in discussions now with three companies, and believe that at least one of
them will be able to supply us with these parts at a price with tooling that
will allow us to offer them at or below the old retail pricing ($650
dash/$350 binnacle).

We know that these are two of the more increasingly sought after parts, and
rather that do an inferior part (or worse, we had considered a plastic "cap"
that upon evaluation warped in one afternoon here in Texas) we want to do a
part that will look correct, last for years, and be reasonably priced.

To make sure that you get the news first on these and other
reproduction/improved/performance parts, subscribe to our company
newsletter, which is usually delivered once or twice a month:

http://www.delorean.com/dmcstore/ENewsSignup.asp

We've introduced a handful of new parts in the last month or so, with some
new/updated ones this week. The other proper vendors are making these parts
available as well. We'll also have two or three new things yet this year, at
least one of which I think will be at the top a lot of people's "wish list".
I expect the other vendors to carry them, as well, so sign up and stay
tuned.

Regards,

James Espey
DeLorean Motor Company