From: James [mailto:james@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, October 09, 2004 2:08 PM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DML] Interesting new warehouse find...

On Friday our warehouse manager came to me and said he found a 140mph
speedometer in the crates of new instrument clusters. Turns out it is
a complete 140mph "Euro-spec" instrument cluster - even has a good,
original trip reset shaft!

There were three different instruments clusters for the DeLorean
(85mph, 140mph and 240kmh) though as I know it, only the 85mph and
240kmh were ever used in production. A handful of the 140mph ones
found their way into the converted RHD cars built by Wooler Hodec for
the original DMC back in the day.

The 140mph clusters are different in other ways than just the speedos,
too. The "LAMBDA" word is missing from the cluster as is the text
"unleaded fuel only" from the fuel gauge. Euro-spec cars would not
have been fitted with catalytic converters or oxygen sensors. The fuel
gauge itself is slightly different, with a red marking as you get in
the low fuel range.

I'll get some pictures up on the website next week of all three types.

We're continuing to look through the crates for more, but odds are
that this one, possibly the last new one in the world, will not be
sold. However, we have recently reproduced a 140 speedometer face, and
are fitting it to recalibrated 85mph speedometers here. The cost is
$199 exchange.

http://www.usadmc.com/dmcstore/BuyNow.asp?PartID=2472&Qty=1

Contact me for more details...

Regards,

James Espey
------------------------------------
DeLorean Motor Company
Vice President
james@xxxxxxxxxxxx
15023 Eddie Drive
Humble, Texas 77396 USA
tel: 800/872-3621
tel2:281/441-2537
fax: 281/441-2813
http://www.delorean.com
Serving DeLorean owners with parts and service since 1981

www.dmcnews.com

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews