[DML] Re: Chevy Engine swap

Rich & group,

Maybe in some instances, you half to go many steps beyond tweaking,
and into complete rebuilding, I used the term tweaking as a hit and
miss scenario as you diagnos the systems that need to be replaced &
tuned for optimal performance. AKA the parts that fail, contaminate
after setting unused for years.

I'm all for better modifications to the Delorean, but when people
start basically ripping it apart to make it something it isn't.
Basically a chevrolet engine, porsche tranny, then specialized
plumbing & electricals to make it work, plus all the custom
fabrications needed to make it all work, then it isn't really a
Delorean anymore.

Makes for a fun maintenance & upkeep for anyone who inherits or buys
a vehicle like this.

Rich, the scale of vehicles you just mentioned, best scenario to
worst, sounds about right for modded cars. I'm not just for
Deloreans that have been stripped of the systems that make them a
Delorean.

You are a great example of someone who has been through a real
effort, and has still kept his car the way it should be. Excellent
job keeping it the way it should be, and maintaining it. And you
still can ask for help on the DML with your car.

Just imagine if your car had a chevy vortec engine, a custom
transmission, it's own fuel delivery & plumbing setup, how useful
would the DML have been then? That is my main beef when people
mainly cutomize or butcher just for a minimal speed gain. It is a
touring car, and for people that realize that, then this is the car
for them, for some it isn't.

I love the DMCH stage II & III engine upgrades, as they basically
are an evolution of the car in it's current form, not some weird one
off home job.

I'm not one who preaches NO mods, or fixes, I think updates & fixes
are great, and keep the cars roadworthy. I'm most likely going to
upgrade both cars to the newer style Radiator fans. Electrical
repairs & fixes are great. Maybe I gave the wrong impression when I
made the first post, the main point was for people not to destroy
the car just for a faster 0-60 time, or a faster street drag.

My thoughts were always for people to buy another car to do just
that before they destroy the current one just to do that.

Oh, and thanks for the tip on the accumulator, I'm much more
comfortable doing it now.

Later,

Joe OBrien