[DML] Re: Upper Steering Joint Play.....Question.......

[DML] Re: Upper Steering Joint Play.....Question.......

There should be no perceptible play in the U-joints or the couplings.
Make sure the bolts that tighten the couplings to the steering column
and rack are tight. If the play is in the joints they should be
replaced. Inspect the tie rod ends and the ball joints, control arm
bushings, sway bar bushings and shocks too. A real qiuck and "dirty"
test is to move the car foward slowly and as you hit the brakes hard
have someone watch the front wheels from the side. They must not seem
to move back as you stop. If they move then something is loose/worn.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757