[DML] fuelpump boot removal

hi everyone im wanting to remove my fuel pump boot{black rubber
thing}.but i dont want to damage it as its still in very good
condition.my problem is the return pipe which goes through it, its
natraly all bendy and it looks like originaly at the factory the
straight piece was put through the boot and then the nut applied
after.so my question is do i have to pull or cut the nut off and pull
the pipe out that way or can i pull it the other way with the bendy
bits stretching through the rubber without damaging it.my other
question is i want to replace the ends of the metal fuel line {nob
things with threads on} the ends which goe onto the nut which the
rubber fuel line pushes on to.are these a special american type thread
[im in the uk]as iv been told or metric etc and are they tapered.also
is it a type of olive which the nut pushes against making it bite
into the metal pipe  creating a seal
thanks in advance simon