Re: [DML] Battery not charging

Careful how you say that - you don't measure current "across" the
battery. If you set a meter to measure current and put it across the
battery you'll see fireworks. You need to put the meter in series
with the battery, i.e. between the battery and one of the power
cables.

Anyhow - I agree that a properly working car can sit for quite a
while without running down the battery. I never disconnect mine
except when parking the car for the winter, and it will occasionally
sit for a month hooked up and I notice no problem with it being
charged.

On an unmodified car, the most likely cause of excessive current
drain is the original lock module. It can fail in a way that it still
works, but leaks current much more than it should. I have no
experience with the aftermarket controllers. Other common faults are
interior/door market lights that don't go off when the doors are
closed.

Back to the original problem - the other posts are good guidance -
start chasing all the ground connections, especially the one that
uses one of the trailing arm attaching screws.

Dave S

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Chris Almy <chris.almy@xxxx> wrote:

->
> If your ground is good and the charging system is working
(electrical
> system is at approximately 14 volts while running), then you might
have
> something draining the battery. A properly working system won't
have this
> problem, so you need to do more troubleshooting.

Try setting up the multi
> meter to measure the current across the battery.

With the doors closed so