[DML] Re: Door Launchers

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tom Watkins" <dmctom@xxxx> wrote:

> If you go to Bob's site it says that the launch system is $458.00.
> Unless you have information to the contrary I'm not sure where you
> get $600-800.

Then the price has changed or my memory is flawed. When I was looking
at it back in April, I recall it being quite a bit higher. It's nice
that the price has dropped, though - that makes it only $897.00 when
you include the required Lockzilla and LockZilla Remote.

> Yes, you do need the remote  lock system for it to be integrated.
> I have no doubt that Toby has many satisfied customers but I feel
> it's inappropriate to suggest that being tied into the Zilla line is
> somehow a negative thing.

I didn't suggest that it was a negative thing, only that it was a
consideration.

Personally, this is what I appreciate about Toby: When I told him I
wanted a set of door launchers but didn't need the remote control
system (I'd planned to use the AUX outputs on my own system), he
gladly sold me only the parts I needed. Bob's response to the same
question about his launchers was, and I quote, "It will only be
plug-in compatible with our own 2 way paging alarm system."

> While at P.F. it was suggested to me that I pull all my Zilla stuff
> out of my car and replace it with Toby's products.

Now that's just silly. There's nothing wrong with Bob's stuff. I find
the prices to be high and the tie-ins somewhat unethical, but if you
already own the stuff then those aren't issues to you. Suggesting you
should yank out a perfectly good system and replace it with another
doesn't make any sense.

> There are many people out there with Zilla products in their cars.
> Adding Zilla Launcher system at this point will be far easier than
> to start from scratch.    As for delays...yeah we all have life
> stuff that gets in the way of things.   I'm willing to wait to get
> the Zilla launchers.

FYI, Toby's launchers will integrate just fine with your Zilla stuff.
You wouldn't have to start from scratch. And if you already have the
Zilla remote system, then you can add door launchers today for $129.95
(http://delorean-parts.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=DPNW&Product_Code=K2400DP&Category_Code=9401).

I'm not trying to convince you - I really don't care whose kit you buy
- just making sure you know the facts. If you'd rather wait for the
Zilla launchers that's fine. It's a personal decision and I can't see
why anyone would fault you for choosing one over the other.

> Just remember that there are many satified Zilla product owners,
> such as myself, who are don't have a problem with being "tied" into
> the Zilla line and may take your comments as a slam against their
> decision to continue to be loyal to the Zilla line.   I have no
> doubt you didn't mean it this way but the evaluation of your
> intended meaning comes from the person reading it.

I didn't mean it that way at all, and honestly I try not to concern
myself with how people take my comments. I'm not much for political
correctness. If Zilla owners feel I'm slamming their products, that's
unfortunate. I won't walk on glass around people and waste time
carefully choosing words and phrases so as to never offend anybody -
people choose to be offended and someone will always make that choice
no matter what I say. So I'll just be my normal blunt self and let the
chips fall where they may.

-Ryan