Re: [DML] Frame Swap Photos

I've done plenty of these swaps by myself. I used cement blocks to
hold the car up while the frame was out-and once you jack it up enough
to clear the frame, I used 2X12s running under the car (up by the gas
tank), they ran about 1.5 feet out on both sides so you can now move
the cement blocks out 1.5 feet and the front end will clear. take off
the front tires but not the whole wheel assembly and then just put a
jack or dolly under the front end so it will roll. I've never had a
problem with the shifter (if you raise the body high enough), I find
it would be more of a pain to remove and reinstall in the car since
all the steel fuel lines will be in the way-but everyone has their
menthods. Obviously, doing it alone I used 2 hydrolic floor jacks (not
bottle!) and 2 jack stands, with A LOT of wood (4X4s, 2X4s, 6X6s all
different sizes). With a jack on either side of the body you jack them
up evenly, and once you reach a certain height you put a block or
whatever will fill the space from the ground to the car, and then
lower the jack onto the wood. Move them to the rear and do the same,
etc etc. Once you jack up the front far enough where you can put a
2X12, you hold the body with the 2 jacks on both sides, and you remove
your stack of blocks and install the 2X12s (I used 2 2X12s to increase
strength) and then put the blocks back under the 2X12, then keep on
going like that. Remember to keep the distance from front to back
fairly even, but you will need to jack up some more then other to keep
the process going. I didn't use 2X12s in the rear because honestly I
didn't have them, so when it came time to roll the frame out, I rolled
it out until it would hit my rear blocks, jack one corner of the rear
up and move it to the middle of the car so it will be in front of the
frame(while the other side is still behind the front wheel assembly)
and then just swing out the frame-then moved
the stack of blocks back to the corner instead of the middle.
Obviously this would take longer, so if you have 2X12s use em! It is
reverse for reinstallation.. You are
probably way past removal, but I just figured I would throw my
methodology in to perhaps give some future ideas. I'm
sure I have some photos of what this would look
like, if you want to see just drop me a line off list. -Dani B. #5003