Re: [DML] Burned engine oil

The car is standard transmission. The oil isn't like bright red- isn't
even close to AT fluid! It was very very dark maroon, it was hard to
tell if it was black or that maroon color but you could tell it wasn't
fully black. Drip it on something white and you could definitly tell
it was a dark maroonish color. Engine has 65K on it, I don't remember
what oil type it was or even the weight, but right now I put in 10W30
because it's getting cold in my area at this time of year. I probably
should be using the 20W40 as Mr. Hervey indicated but too late now.
Nonetheless, I'm just trying to find out if its a pressure issue, not
how or when to change my oil. Engine isn't burning any at the rings,
I'm just hoping it isn't something wrong with the internals of the
engine. I was told this car sat in North Carolina prior to when I got
it, how long is unknown. In Feb. when the engine was out, I had the
pan off and everything looked fine. But like I said this is the only
time in the years owning the car I've had weird burned oil drain out.
Probably is nothing to worry about, but I figured I would ask you
guys...