RE: [DML] Burned engine oil

RED and BURNED?
Are you sure you didn't drain the TRANSMISSION?

Burned oil is usually BLACK and like tar.
I have never seen red oil in my life unless it is some sort of synthetic I
don't know about.

Besides, I change my oil every 2000 miles.
My Dad who was a pro race driver back in the day taught me a thing or two
about engines
and one of the ones he drilled into me was to change the oil BEFORE it turns
brown
while it is still clear.
Brown or black oil is the result of the oils breakdown of lubrication, the
black stuff is carbon
and is now more like a fine sandpaper chewing on your engine.
Changing the oil while it is still somewhat clear is the trick to a long
lasting engine.

His little S10 has 385K miles on it.
He should know.
- Videobob